Moneta was created in 2001 and is a joint brand of Telekom Slovenije and Nova KBM bank. Establishing the Moneta brand and system was a cutting edge feature in payment transactions as well as mobile technology. Globally this type of payment is still perceived as a new thing rather than as a common practice, however Slovenia is the success story of a pioneering service that has over the years attracted many users and providers who continue using it loyally to this day.
- 2012The new technological solution Moneta mTerminal is implemented
- 2011The entire Mercator chain joins Moneta
- 2010The entire Engrotuš chain joins Moneta, together with its stores, beauty shops, and Tuš oil and gas stations.
Student meals: paying for the remainder of the meal with Moneta
- 2009New issuer Si.mobil;
Petrol and all its gas stations join Moneta;
LPP: paying bus fares with Moneta
- 2008Implementation of Moneta SMS, Moneta SMS, push and Moneta eTerminals (WEB, API and MOB)
- 2007New issuer Poštna banka Slovenije (PBS);
Introduction of Moneta for Mobi prepaid users, and two new services: Mobi pocket money and Mobi Moneta
- 2006New participants in the expanding Moneta system
- 2005/12Mobi top-ups with Moneta
- 2005/05Moneta for Telephone sales
- 2005/02Advertising campaigns (Mobitel, Nova KBM)
- 2004/06New generation Moneta system (more issuers, Moneta as a banking service)
- 2003/04Mobitel partners with Nova KBM
- 2002/08The first Moneta Terminals
- 2002/05The first Moneta Vending machines
- 2001/06Moneta is created at Mobitel as an online micropayment system
Moneta can be used by most of the Slovenian population at over 10,000 points of sale.